We're looking for an experienced Senior BI Engineer for one of our portfolio companies. You will help turn the company's vision into reality and drive its growth forward.
In your day-to-day work, you will focus on integrating data from numerous source systems and building and managing the BI dashboards for different departments. You will have full responsibility for establishing and expanding the data infrastructure, aiding the entire company in making data-driven key business decisions.
Become part of our portfolio company: A company awaits you that specializes in the development and manufacture of innovative, award-winning office furniture. The company offers customized interior design and planning solutions to hundreds of thousands of businesses via an e-commerce platform.
- Overseeing Business Intelligence and the entire Data Platform, where you will have the responsibility of ensuring smooth operations and effective utilization
- Selecting, implementing, and enhancing BI tools and technologies to optimize data analysis and decision-making processes
- Collaborating closely with various departments to gather and prioritize necessary requirements, ensuring alignment with organizational goals
- Managing the database infrastructure and ensuring the clean integration of data from various source systems using Azure Data Factory, empowering you to maintain data integrity and accessibility
- You will be responsible to communicate insights effectively across the organization using Power BI dashboards
- Visualizing business data in documents like quotes and invoices, allowing you to contribute to clearer and more impactful business correspondence
- Helping prfioritize important report requests to focus your efforts on high-impact areas
- Providing training to key users to handle reports independently, focusing on accurate data interpretation, empowering you and your colleagues with the skills needed for informed decision-making
- Good to have: Exploring data-driven business process automation using automation tools and integration platforms, you will have the opportunity to streamline workflows and drive efficiency.
- Passion for working with data and making data-driven decisions
- Completed degree in computer science, business informatics, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a BI role with advanced data management skills
- Understanding of the entire data lifecycle, including ETL pipeline, integration, storage, processing, and visualization
- Understanding of data modeling and experience in designing database structures
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Power BI or similar tools and the Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Programming skills in database programming languages (SQL, etc.)
- Strong analytical and communication skills to simplify complex data into clear insights
- Experience in leading BI projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Preferred experience with low-code platforms like Microsoft PowerApps and Microsoft Power Automate
- Good to have: Knowledge of forms tool, ideally Quadira Advanced Forms.
Please note that we are looking for support in the Düsseldorf / Frankfurt office of our portfolio company. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well.
Benefits and Perks
- Shape the innovative office furniture industry significantly and and make other people's workdays better
- Access to modern office spaces and top digital equipment close to the city
- Remote Working Policy - come to our open, design-oriented showrooms or work remotely
- Benefit from employee discounts on stylish office furniture
- Feel at home in a team that appreciates and motivates you - Here, everyone pulls together
- Tackle challenging tasks and grow by taking responsibility from day 1 - a steep learning curve is guaranteed
- Unfold personally and professionally - the development of our employees is a matter close to our hearts
- Fancy DJ and food trucks? Regular team events let our creativity run wild
- Relaxation training with in-house trainers for your mental well-being
- Charge your electric car for free.
Apply below and become a part of our success story!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diverse and equal opportunities hiring for all – applicants, candidates, and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences – and look forward to your application.