Bilanzbuchhalter(-in) / Financial Accountant (m/f/d)
Finance · Berlin · Full-time · Mid-level
Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Taking ownership of the operational accounting processes
- Preparing the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with HGB/RechKredV and later on in accordance with IFRS
- Coordinating various workflows in the financial closing
- Taking responsibility for the tax (VAT, KESt) and regulatory reporting
- Coordinating and aligning accounting and tax treatment topics with the external partners (tax advisors and auditors) of our portfolio company
- Developing the financial processes continuously and driving the digitalization of the finance and banking department forward
Which traits contribute to your success?
- A very well-completed apprenticeship (Ausbildung) or a business studies degree
- 2+ years of professional experience in financial accounting or a comparable position
- Knowledge in IFRS and/or international taxation
- Further training as a certified accountant (e.g. Bilanzbuchhalter, Steuerfachwirt)
- A conscientious and structured way of working as well as a willingness to learn and excel in a demanding startup environment
- Proficiency MS Office and/or G-suite, especially in MS-Excel / G-sheet
- A first experience in Start-up, FinTech, financial services, securities trading, or banking
- Fluent German skills
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Make a true impact in the FinTech industry by joining an emerging startup in their internationalization phase
- Well equipped and modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities from day one
- Choose from a variety of drinks and healthy snacks available to keep you energized throughout the day
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups
Do you want to be part of the success story of our portfolio company?
We are looking forward to your online application.