Chief Information Officer (m/f/d)
We are looking for:
A new team member for the leadership team of one of our portfolio companies, an e-commerce platform and a European leader in their industry. They are a very successful and grown-up company, with their headquarters in Germany, but acting internationally. While their focus is B2C, they have started to tackle B2B in the last few years as well. They are part of a group and they want to develop into services as well.
What will keep you challenged?
- Taking over the management of a team of around 30 employees distributed across the areas of IT Operations, Backend and Business Operations and other shared services in the areas of B2B & B2C
- Developing, coaching and expanding the team through active recruiting of new team members
- Leading the cross-functional IT Security and IT Compliance functions in close coordination with Legal
- Translating the business strategy of our portfolio company into tangible goals for the IT team and their leadership
- Planning and implementing the modernization and standardization of the entire IT structure and its processes, especially in the areas of Enterprise Systems and the development of Group Wide IT Shared Services
- Supporting the further scaling and expansion of the company
- Initially developing and building a scalable and flexible backend, with the chance to take over the frontend and customer facing areas in the future
Which traits contribute to your success?
- At least 6 years of leadership experience of challenging and business critical areas, mainly in tech/IT (content and disciplinary) in a fast growing, international environment
- Several years of experience in eCommerce/retail; experience in consulting is a plus
- Scaling experience: ideally, you have had exposure to companies with extreme growth
- Hands-on background in software development or architecture
- Experience in targeted modernization and standardization of existing IT structures and processes
- Quality and cost awareness as well as entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience in change management is an advantage
- Strong conceptual skills and a high degree of assertiveness
- High degree of independence, commitment and reliability
- Extremely strong communication skills in German (native level) and English
- Please note that we are looking for support in the office of our portfolio company in Germany. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well.
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Make a true impact in the E-commerce industry
- Well equipped and modern office
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Take advantage of discount opportunities, getting your own company bike, and a special deal for fitness studios
- Choose from a variety of drinks and healthy snacks available to keep you energized throughout the day
- Possibility for home office and flexible working hours to balance your work and private life
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family
Do you want to be part of our portfolio company's success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.