Director of Engineering (m/f/d)
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies, in this case, digital health company. Our portfolio company draws on cutting edge technology to both optimise and automatise patients' care experience while using doctor video consultations. Their sights are now set on a rapid expansion within the US Healthcare System.
What will keep you challenged?
- Leading a disciplined, result-oriented engineering unit of at least 4 teams of 5+ engineers across two European locations
- Coordinating the rapid delivery of high-quality product features by cooperating closely with our portfolio company’s Product Management and Marketing teams
- Collaboration with our portfolio company's US-based Product and Customer Success team
- Data driven analysis of technology, resource needs and market demand for the planning and assessment of projects proposals
- Oversight of internal systems and equipment policies, negotiation of contracts and preparation of the engineering department’s budget
- Nurturing a motivating working culture by providing frequent 1:1s and proactively resolving conflict points within the teams
- Attracting and acquiring first-class technical talent and coordinating onboardings to scale the team
Which traits contribute to your success?
- 4-5 years software development experience, preferably with a backend focus, accompanied by 3-4 years in a leadership position
- A flare for managing a multitude of technical roles and character types onsite and remotely, from individual contributors through to managers
- Experience in harnessing and effectively managing outsourcing partners
- Ability to empower engineering team to make the biggest impact possible for our portfolio company while reaching their own professional development goals
- Extensive technical expertise for possible on-the-spot intervention in hands-on mode
- Capable of running and incident response playbook on a given day
- Full-stack developer profile with a back-end focus
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Make a true impact in the digital health industry
- Well equipped and modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Choose from a variety of drinks and healthy snacks available to keep you energized throughout the day
- Possibility for home office and flexible working hours to balance your work and private life
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups
Do you want to be part of our portfolio company's success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.