About the Job
We're looking for an experienced Director Procurement to join our portfolio company's Operations team and manage its manufacturing network across international markets.
In your day-to-day work, you'll focus on streamlining the purchasing organization and get the opportunity to contribute to various projects.
Join our portfolio company: A German company that changes the way the construction industry buys its materials. The startup has an international, intercultural team of serial founders and experienced executives. The company is well capitalised and supported by European top tier VCs and construction tech experts, among others.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop and optimise our portfolio company's manufacturing network across international markets -
maintain and improve business relationships with key manufacturers
- Select vendors and lead negotiations with suppliers across several categories
- Lead 3PL development projects across different locations
- Find and implement cost reduction opportunities by leveraging volumes and improving processes from sourcing to manufacturing
- Define and implement best-in-class practices within the purchasing organisation
- Lead the Category Management team in Berlin and a growing global landscape of
buyers with 7+ direct reports
- Extensive strategic procurement experience in the construction market and which helped you to develop close connections with different manufacturers
- Knowledge on the business and the industry bottom-up and a proven track-record of successful complex negotiations with clients and partners
- Extensive leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills in German and English
Please note that we are looking for support in the Berlin office of our portfolio company. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well.
Benefits and Perks
- Fulfil a role with entrepreneurial freedom and take a pre-validated business model to the next level
- Join an experienced Founder Team of serial and second time founders (female/male)
- Attractive based, bonus and incentive program - participate in the company’s upside
- Collaborate with top tier investors such as Project A Ventures and Angels (incl. Various unicorn founders) as well as some of the best market experts
Apply below and become a part of our success story!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diverse and equal opportunities hiring for all – applicants, candidates, and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences – and look forward to your application.