Engineering Team Lead (m/f/d)
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies, a tech startup offering software that businesses can use for their R&D taxes. They have their headquarters in London, but they are growing fast with remote possibilities, backed by some of the best investors in Europe.
What will keep you challenged?
- Being responsible - with the support of a dedicated product manager - for refining, estimating and delivering on the team’s product vision
- Recruiting and retaining the engineering talent on your team
- Supporting the career growth of the people you manage in your team
- Alongside the CTO, architects and product manager, translating domain understanding into architectural designs using modern techniques such as Domain Driven Design and event storming
- Developing back-end applications, written in Kotlin and following modern architectures and techniques such as event-driven architecture, functional programming and reactive programming
- Improving the quality, efficiency and security of the code base
- Researching and innovating on bleeding edge frameworks/techniques
- Refining the deployment pipeline, monitoring and operations platform
- Working with the wider technology team to achieve all of these goals
- Tailwind CSS
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Degree in Software engineering, Computer Science or similar qualification
- Experience in the most of the areas mentioned above
- Eager to learn new skills and improve your existing ones
- Enthusiasm about working in a startup and helping to develop the business
- Believing in a people-first approach and consider self-improvement, happiness, diversity and inclusion to be vitally important
- Remote working is possible, but it needs to be in a similar time zone with UK (UTC +1). Eligibility to work within UK is required as well
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Enjoy the opportunity to pursue steep career development during the company's exciting growth phase
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- A powerful work laptop (Linux or Mac) + the set up you need to do your job well
- Unlimited paid holiday (with a minimum not a maximum number of days!)
- Have fun together as a company with regular team events
- Get challenged and develop your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Flexible working hours to balance your work and private life
- Perks scheme (discounts and rewards with 30,000+ brands)
- Contributory pension
- Be part of an instant network within the Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups
Do you want to be part of our portfolio company's success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.