Financial Accountant / Bilanzbuchhalter(-in) (m/f/d)
Finance · Berlin · Full-time · Mid-level
Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Preparing the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with HGB/RechKredV and IFRS
- Taking responsibility for the tax (VAT, KESt) and regulatory reporting
- Coordinating and aligning accounting and tax treatment topics with their external partners (tax advisors and auditors)
- Taking ownership of the operational accounting processes
- Coordinating various workflows in the financial closing
- Developing the financial processes continuously and driving the digitalization of the finance and banking department forward
Which traits contribute to your success?
- A very well-completed apprenticeship (Ausbildung) or a business studies degree
- 2+ years of professional experience in financial accounting or a comparable position
- Knowledge in IFRS and/or international taxation
- Further training as a certified accountant (e.g. Bilanzbuchhalter, Steuerfachwirt)
- Proficiency MS Office and/or G-suite, especially in MS-Excel / G-sheet
- Native German proficiency and fluency in English
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Make a true impact in the FinTech industry by joining an emerging startup in their internationalization phase
- Well equipped and modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities from day one
- Choose from a variety of drinks and healthy snacks available to keep you energized throughout the day
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups
Do you want to be part of our portfolio company's success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.