About the Job
We’re looking for an experienced Front End Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Engineering team and develop its modern web technology strategies.
In your day-to-day work, you’ll focus on writing clean code and get the opportunity to contribute to various projects.
Our engineering teams feature a group of professionals passionate about modern web technologies. Members of our Tech team are experts in front-end, back-end, infrastructure, and all the moving parts that link them, helping our portfolio companies build scalable products and organizations.
Motivation, creativity, and openness encapsulate our values and culture. That’s why we encourage you to bring yourself to work. Join a multinational team of bright individuals and be inspired to grow, innovate, and take responsibility from the get-go.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design, plan and implement business-critical, performant and accessible user interfaces with our portfolio companies
- Enhance the usability and user experience of existing applications by developing new features
- Advise engineering teams about the architecture and technological choices for their websites and web applications
- Author clean, comprehensible and testable code
- Adapt to different work environments, tech stacks and technical challenges
- Continuously share knowledge inside and outside Project A
- Assure quality of products through automated tests, code reviews and team processes
- Take part in the creation of design systems using style guides and component based frameworks
- First years of industry experience in software engineering
- Experience developing and shipping several user-facing features using a component-based UI framework, such as Vue, React, Angular or similar
- Passionate about solving problems with the power of software
- Ability to effectively explain technical considerations to team members and stakeholders
- Ability to analyse product requirements, formulate useful technical clarification questions and estimate their complexity
- Understanding of basic workflows of a product engineering team, such as version control, code reviews and delivery cycles
- Pragmatism and willingness to adapt to different work environments and types of projects, ranging from full product engineering to technical audits
- Curiosity about various business models and their underlying technical challenges
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Please note that we’re looking for support in our Berlin office. Eligibility to work in the EU is required.
Benefits and Perks
- Remote-friendly – Work anywhere in Germany or take advantage of our beautiful and well-equipped office at the heart of Berlin
- Choose your tech – Macbook/Windows/Linux laptop and optional screen.
- Career growth – Access to internal workshops, knowledge sharing meetups, PAV Academy professional training opportunities, industry conferences, and other personal development possibilities
- Subsidized products and services, including meal vouchers, German language classes, a bike leasing program, and discounts on services of our portfolio companies and various other brands
- Wellness – 24/7 access to counseling specialists, free subscription to workplace wellbeing platform Unmind, weekly online yoga classes
- Paid team and company events
- Social activities – Hang out with co-workers during and after-hours (Slack or IRL, you decide), grab lunch or coffee with randomly assigned teammates, and disconnect from everything to spend quality time in outdoor activities
- Visa application support and relocation package
Apply below and become a part of our success story!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all – applicants and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. Our diverse team has different ethnic and cultural origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, family arrangements, religious and political affiliations, socioeconomic statuses, age groups, and abilities.
With 32 nationalities and over 25 spoken languages, we’re confident that you’ll feel right at home. We look forward to your application.