About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Head of Buying (m/f/d) to join our portfolio company and lead the Buying team and the growth strategies.
In your day-to-day work, you'll identify improvement potentials for service levels, support the team for its growth, and get the opportunity to contribute to various projects.
Join our portfolio company: Founded in 2021 with its HQ in Berlin/Germany, the company runs a trailblazing marketplace that redefines one of the largest supply chains on earth. The company’s mission is to unlock the vast potential of cross-border supply for the Western Market by providing global access to high-quality products through their innovative platform. Since the launch in January 2022, the firm has operated discreetly with no public profile or media coverage while it has already successfully served hundreds of companies.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be responsible for restructuring and developing the department, including managing the team
- Select, assess, and develop agencies and suppliers, taking quality, service, and price into account, and negotiate the contract with suppliers
- Continuously identify improvement potential and implement appropriate measures in a targeted manner to push service levels and manage cost efficiency
- Support the Growth team to expand categories and services
- Collaborate with the product team to evaluate changes to product specifications that can drive cost savings while ensuring quality and compliance standards
- At least 7-10 years of experience in buying and ultimate accountability for purchasing decisions of at least $20+ Million
- Understand how to find, evaluate, and negotiate with suppliers across Asia and Europe
- Have a broad negotiation toolkit and experience in buying technical goods and understand the impact of product specification and composition
- Enjoy setting ambitious targets and exceeding them with your team
- Proficient in English, Mandarin would be a plus
Please note that we are looking for support in the Berlin office of our portfolio company. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well.
Benefits and Perks
- Fulfil a role with entrepreneurial freedom and take a pre-validated business model to the next level
- Join an experienced Founder Team of serial and second time founders (female/male)
- Attractive based, bonus and incentive program - participate in the company’s upside
- Collaborate with top tier investors such as Project A Ventures and Angels (incl. Various unicorn founders) as well as some of the best market experts
Apply below and become a part of our success story!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diverse and equal opportunities hiring for all – applicants, candidates, and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences – and look forward to your application.