About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Head of Design (m/f/d) to join one of our portfolio companies and lead its design efforts. In your day-to-day work, you’ll focus on managing our portfolio company's design team and driving design strategy and strategic projects.
Join our portfolio company: A German EdTech company focused on enabling students to access a wide range of digital learning materials and communicate via its platform. The fast-growing startup is active in several European countries, serving millions of students.
In this role, you’ll:
- Find the optimal balance between user-centric and business outcomes
- Involve in fast paced hands-on UI/UX Design tasks
- Translate research efforts into product strategy together with the further Product team
- Foster a culture of creative ideas & hands on data-driven design execution
- Partner up with Product, Engineering, Data, Brand, and Marketing counterparts to drive alignment and ensure consistency across all design/brand touch-points
- 4+ years of experience in product design, preferably including user research & brand in a consumer-facing environment
- Proven track record in hiring, scaling, and managing people/design teams
- Strategic thinker in a customer-centred environment with a critical approach to prioritization
- Experienced in building collaborative relationships with product, business partners & stakeholders
- Capable to strategize and execute end-to-end design processes: defining problems, generating solutions, producing UX deliverables and high-fidelity design, testing and implementing it, measuring the work success & iterating if needed in a fast paced environment
Please note that we are looking for support in the BERLIN office of our portfolio company. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well.
Benefits and Perks
- Make a true impact in the Ed-tech Industry
- Possibility for working completely remotely to balance your work and private life
- Transparent culture and flat hierarchy where every person is highly valued
- Thrive from an amazing team with dynamic, young, and motivated professionals
- Opportunity to grow with the team and the company
- Have a crucial impact on the accessibility of education for all
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family
Apply below and become a part of our success story!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diverse and equal opportunities hiring for all – applicants, candidates, and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences – and look forward to your application.