Head of Group Accounting (m/f/d)
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies, which is a fast-growing and very well-funded B2B startup in the travel industry focused on helping small and medium-sized enterprises to easily book, manage, and expense their business travel with a mix of automated and human help.
What will keep you challenged?
- Management of the accounting team from a technical and disciplinary point of view and strategic expansion
- Responsibility for the preparation of the audited consolidated financial statements for 10 companies
- Continuous optimization of the existing internal control system, reporting, documentation as well as the process and system landscape
- Accountability for the ongoing financial accounting as well as the timely preparation of monthly and annual financial statements according to HGB (and prospectively IFRS)
- Coordination of the external accounting of two subsidiaries
- Integration of new companies into the accounting or selection of the external local tax office for foreign companies
- Control of external audits
- Responsibility for the short-term liquidity planning of the group
- Ensuring all advance VAT returns of the group
- Leadership and development of the team in an open working environment
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Long-term professional experience in the field of accounting / auditing / tax consulting
- Previous experience in the area of group consolidation and internationalization
- Expert:in for national and international (HGB and IFRS) accounting standards
- Profound knowledge of taxation, in particular value added tax
- Confident handling of DATEV and/or other ERP systems
- Fast comprehension, analytical thinking and very good communication skills
- Fluent German and English
- Please note that we are looking for support in the Berlin office of our portfolio company. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Make a true impact in the Travel Tech industry
- Well equipped and modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Possibility for home office and flexible working hours to balance your work and private life
- Choose from a variety of drinks and healthy snacks available to keep you energized throughout the day
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups
Do you want to be part of our portfolio company's success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.