Head of IT (m/f/d) E-Commerce
We are looking for:
A new member for one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Being the central interface between the business units and IT in the E-Commerce stores of our portfolio company and being responsible for planning and controlling E-Commerce projects
- Responsibility for the entire IT infrastructure, internal IT projects and the implementation of new tools and systems
- Rethinking processes between store, ERP and other systems, to develop them further and to make them more efficient as well as implement them together with external service providers and colleagues from the IT department
- Ensuring the success of multiple tech teams by taking accountability for their performance
- Strategic development of the IT area, while taking trends and innovations into account
- Leading the software engineering department through transparent leadership, communication and collaboration
- Enabling cross team collaboration and alignment with the focus on delivering impact in a timely manner
- Supporting a culture of ownership, passion, respectfulness and successfully crossing the finish line as a team
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Experience in growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to tech leads and developers
- Project experience and process thinking in the area of E-Commerce & relevant systems (ERP, PIM, Shop etc.)
- Being interested in familiarizing yourself with new topics and constantly improving and developing processes with your own ideas, even across departments
- Significant, sound, and proven experience in understanding different frontend and/or backend architectures patterns like microservices, event-driven systems, etc.
- Experience in managing multiple engineering teams and managers and steering agencies & external stakeholders
- Software engineering background on multiple languages and platforms
- Ability to challenge your direct reports on their turf
- Excellent and clear communication skills
- Ability and drive to identify, prioritize and execute opportunities
- Understanding that leadership is not a privilege but a responsibility
- Proven track record of taking a pragmatic approach while solving problems and passionate about code quality
- Fluent German and English, both written and spoken
- Please note that we are looking for support in the Biebertal office of our portfolio company. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well.
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Well equipped and modern office in close proximity to Frankfurt am Main (Bierbertal)
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Choose from a variety of drinks and healthy snacks available to keep you energized throughout the day
- Possibility for home office and flexible working hours to balance your work and private life
Do you want to be part of our portfolio company's success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.
Project A is an operational venture capital firm that invests in early stage companies from a variety of industries such as digital health, robotics, and mobility amongst others. Our portfolio includes over 60 companies with different business models including B2C, B2B, SaaS, e-commerce and more. Within our company of over 100 professionals, over 15 teams offer their direct support to our portfolio companies with software engineering, marketing, sales, business intelligence and many other fields. In 2020 Project A was named Germany's best VC by Business Insider magazine.