Intern - Investment Team September 2020- February 2021 (m/f/d)
We are looking for:
A new team member for our A-team.
Do you want to start your journey in venture capital?
If the answer is “yes”, you’ve come to the right place. To us, it’s the best job in the world. Every day, you spend your time hunting for the next big thing, the next disruptive company that will change the world, thereby looking at thousands of companies every year. You meet extraordinary people - from founders and industry experts to CEOs of large corporations. There is something to learn across industries like FinTech, Real Estate, Industry 4.0, Education, Travel, B2B Software, Cybersecurity, Digital Health, Developer Tools, Logistics or Mobility - and many more.
The main task of this role is to learn: understand trends, technologies, innovations and investment opportunities as a basis for making better decisions.
So if you are available September 2020 until February 2021 you’ll work very closely with all of us: Our Investment Managers Mila, Nina, Enrico, Leo, Mey, Sam and our Principal Andy, as well as with two of our partners — Anton and Uwe.
Kindly note that the deadline for the period September 2020 until February 2021 ends at 29.02.2020.
What to expect?
- Support deal-flow management in direct collaboration with the Investment Team and Partners
- Regular meetings & calls with founder teams across Europe
- Identification, analysis and valuation of innovative business models and potential investment opportunities
- Execution of due diligence, incl. financial modeling, research, expert interviews, product tests, etc.
- Research and analysis of general market- & investment trends
What are we looking for?
- A completed bachelor’s (or more advanced) degree in the field of business studies, economics, engineering, mathematics, computer science or adjacent fields
- A solid understanding of and great curiosity for digital business models
- Experience in “early-stage” startups or dynamic professional environments such as management consulting, investment banking, private equity or technology companies
- Strong analytical capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Business proficiency in English
- Availability exactly as indicated above
A tough industry to get into …
Venture capital is a notoriously tough industry to get into. There are no big recruitment fairs, few people to speak to, and often not even a job posting. But Project A tries to make that entry easier by offering entry-level positions for all startup and technology enthusiasts. Whether you’ve made your first steps in the tech industry already or you’re passionate about jumping right in: the internship at Project A can be a launch pad in this exciting environment.
… and a tough industry to rise through
Contrary to what typically happens in VC firms, we’ve established a clear career path for our employees, and the intern position in our team has been a great stepping stone for many of us.
We’re proud that three of six Investment Managers and our Principal Andy started with us as interns.
Unfortunately, we cannot hire all the strong interns into a full-time position. But we strongly believe in caring for our team members - also beyond the company bounds. In the past months, we have supported several former interns in finding full-time positions in top VC funds across Europe. We believe in your talent, so we will do our best to support you in reaching that next step - within Project A, or the extended network of our company.
We are investors and operators
Project A is unique because of our operational team of 100 experts. Whether it’s marketing, technology, product, business development, organization building, or design, we can be of help. Consequently, we value the combination of operating and investing skills highly. At Project A, you’ll be able to tap into a vast amount of operational expertise as well, in due diligence or when working with portfolio companies later on.
Take the first step into the world of venture capital
To apply, please send us your CV and any material you consider relevant and show us how you think about startups and investing. We look forward to discussing this role with you, getting to know you, and learning from each other in the growing tech industry in Europe.