Lead Backend Developer (m/f/d) - Logistics
Engineering · Berlin · Full-time · Head of
Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Responsibility for planning and implementation of scalable systems
- Selection of appropriate technologies and architecture discussions
- Creating design systems using style guides and component based architectures
- Always keeping a close eye on performance, accessibility and user experience
- Writing clean, comprehensible and testable code
- Quality assurance through testing and code reviews
- Sharing of knowledge and willingness to continuously learn
- Being the contact person for frontend engineering topics
- Mentoring and leading the team of backend engineers
- Developing the team vision of our portfolio company and skillset to stay relevant within an everchanging industry
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in backend engineering
- Experience in people management - leading a team (feedback talks, performance reviews, one on ones etc.)
- Profound knowledge of the back end stack including some DevOps knowledge
- Comprehensive overview of the available technologies (Languages and frameworks)
- Experience in Python or another dynamic back end language is a big plus
- A solid full-stack knowledge
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to all level team members
- Highly self-driven, professional personality
- Very strong English skills spoken and written
Backend Technology Stack
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Competitive salary in a successful start-up
- Normal working hours (no overtime)
- An atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement, including brown bag sessions and a Friday afternoon for projects of your choice
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin with quiet working conditions
- Free beverages, coffee, snacks, ping pong and access to the gym
Do you want to be part of the success story of our portfolio company?
We are looking forward to your online application.