About the Job
We’re looking for an experienced Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineer/Lead (m/f/d) to join one of our portfolio companies and lead its technical team in the creation of hardware for autonomous unmanned ground vehicles and sensors.
In your day-to-day work, you’ll focus on bringing your expertise to the production tech team and get the opportunity to contribute to various projects.
→ Our portfolio company which is a defense technology company that specializes in developing autonomous unmanned systems and sensors for the European defense sector.
In this role, you’ll:
- Conceptualize and design vehicle construction, chassis, and attachment parts from the initial idea to real-world implementation
- Develop mechanical components, mechanisms, interfaces and subsystems for robotic vehicle systems
- Build prototypes, analyze failures, and transition successful projects into production
- Lead small teams of junior engineers and technicians
- Be responsible for the production of various systems in small-scale production
- Support critical hardware demonstrations on test sites
- Collaborate closely with electrical, software, and test engineers to deliver fully functional products
- Manage to being involved in multiple projects at various stages concurrently
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics Engineering, Robotics, or equivalent professional experience and a track record in a relevant field
- Proficiency in the entire mechanical value chain, including conceptualization, design, construction, production, assembly, and testing
- Experience in prototyping and small-scale production is crucial
- Knowledge and experience in vehicle or robotics design are desirable
- Familiarity with a variety of materials, primarily steel and armored steel, as well as 3D-printed polymers and lightweight materials
- The ability to integrate electronic components into mechanical designs, including motors, controllers, and sensors
- Proficiency in CAD software (any platform) and the ability to produce high-quality engineering drawings that meet industry standards
- Demonstrated hands-on fabrication skills, including machining, sheet metal work, welding processes, and 3D printing
- Mechatronics and System Engineering skills are plus
- Good proficiency in English is essential
Please note that we’re looking for support in the Munich office of our portfolio company. Eligibility to work in the EU is required.
Benefits and Perks
- Well-equipped and modern office space
- Benefit from an inspiring, creative and multicultural environment, as well as a great and smart team
- Transparent corporate culture where every single person is valued
- Regular team events and activities
- Challenging and varied tasks - steep learning curve
- Become part of the Project A family network
Apply below and become a part of our success story!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diverse and equal opportunities hiring for all – applicants, candidates, and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences – and look forward to your application.