About the Job
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d) to join one of our portfolio companies and support its technical strategies.In your day-to-day work, you’ll focus on implementing highly scalable platforms and get the opportunity to contribute to various projects.
Join our portfolio company: A German EdTech company focused on enabling students to access a wide range of digital learning materials and communicate via its platform. The fast-growing startup is active in several European countries, serving millions of students.
In this role, you’ll:
- Ensure the quality of application through regular code reviews
- Drive the design and develop new innovative features from the technical point of view for our venture's application
- Share and expand your knowledge by exchanging information within the IT team about backend best-practices
- Be a part of an agile, smart and open-minded engineering team
- Build and provide internal and external RESTful APIs that ensure a fast and frictionless update of backend products
- Define standards and best practices in close collaboration with the team
- Several years of experience in Software Development
- Deep technical understanding of RESTful API’s
- Solid background in building scalable distributed products
- Experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Sufficient knowledge and experience working with AWS or GCP
- Strong written and spoken skills in English
Please note that we are looking for support in the Berlin office of our portfolio company. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well.
Benefits and Perks
- Make a true impact in the Ed-tech Industry
- Possibility for working completely remotely to balance your work and private life
- Transparent culture and flat hierarchy where every person is highly valued
- Thrive from an amazing team with dynamic, young, and motivated professionals
- Opportunity to grow with the team and the company
- Have a crucial impact on the accessibility of education for all
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family
Apply below and become a part of our success story!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diverse and equal opportunities hiring for all – applicants, candidates, and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences – and look forward to your application.