Senior Backend Engineer with Python - PropTech (m/f/d)
Engineering · Hamburg · Full-time · Senior
Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Being part of a smart and motivated small team dedicated to build tech-driven, smarter processes that enable excellently trained real-estate agents to create a delightful home buying and selling experience
- Creating, developing and scaling our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Having high responsibility from day one and the chance to build a product from scratch
- Driving the development by working closely together with other developers and the CPO
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Experience in building well designed and tested applications with a clean code
- Deep understanding of Python and its ecosystem
- Being able to work both in a team and independent
- Knowing how to write good tests or even practice TDD and know how to set up automated testing environments
- Being passionate about code quality and being pragmatic in getting things done
- Having a drive for improving processes and thinking in long-term wins
- Fluency in English (in both written and verbal communication); German is a plus
- Experience with Django/DRF and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Skills in other items from our technology stack
- Experience with Contentful
- Docker, AWS ElasticBeanstalk
- Python, Django, Django REST Framework
- ES6, React, Typescript, Node.js
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Make a true impact in the PropTech industry
- Well equipped and modern office in the heart of Hamburg
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Choose from a variety of drinks and healthy snacks available to keep you energized throughout the day
- Possibility for home office and flexible working hours to balance your work and private life
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family
Do you want to be part of the success story of our portfolio company?
We are looking forward to your online application.