Senior Data / Search Engineer (m/f/d)
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies, in this case a Mergers & Acquisitions platform for Small & Medium Enterprises. They are the middle ground which connects accredited buyers with owners, advisors and acquirers by using a SaaS solution.
What will keep you challenged?
- Helping build the data infrastructure for the next wave of growth, including building customized components to solve the problem of company succession in the European market and evolve the technology for hyper growth
- Enhancing a system to automatically identify the best possible buyers for European SMEs by collecting, processing and interpreting data from numerous sources
- Build and refine a recommender system to identify potential buyers for SME companies
- Specifically, working on vector models for text, word comparison & name entity recognition
- Fine-tuning or re-training the BERT based text vectorizers on our custom in-house data
- Using Knowledge Distillation to compress the large transformer-based language models and make it more computationally efficient
- Work at the core of Elasticsearch and potentially other open source softwares with the opportunity to contribute to open source
- Apply Neural Graph Convolutional Networks to the company relation network
- Use multi-task and meta-learning to combine different recommendation models
- Produce high quality code that is robust, efficient and maintainable (mainly in Python)
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet the businesses needs
- Work in agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives in close in close collaboration with the Product team and the CEO
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Being an experienced data engineer who wants to dive deeper into data science & ML
- A degree in computer science, statistics, physics, mathematics or other relevant fields
- At least 4+ years experience as a Data Engineer / Data Science
- Skilled in text mining & natural language processing
- Good working knowledge of the current state of the art in Natural Language Processing especially - BERT family of text encoders
- Experienced in large-scale distributed search and storage systems (e.g. Elasticsearch), and recommender systems
- You like to critically question the status quo, and, with your methodological problem-solving skills, you can redesign processes and approaches from scratch
- Excellent analytical skills and can quickly penetrate complex issues and reduce them to the essential factors
- You have the ability to develop end to end data-science platforms and write production-quality code
- Full professional English proficiency (German is a plus)
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Make a true impact in the FinTech industry
- Well equipped and modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Choose from a variety of drinks and healthy snacks available to keep you energized throughout the day
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups
Do you want to be part of our portfolio company's success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.