Senior Financial Group Controller (m/f/d)
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies, a B2C e-commerce company located in Hamburg. They meet customer expectations by providing a full-cycle customer journey selling complete high-quality, house-related projects bringing nature into homes.
What will keep you challenged?
- Participating in the monthly preparation of financial statements
- Taking ownership of our portfolio company's subsidiaries reporting and automated closing processes
- Analysing revenues and gross profit by country and product category
- Introducing cost center (departments) and cost unit (countries) reporting in collaboration with accounting
- Implementing and optimizing group-wide accounting processes of our portfolio company (e.g. dunning process, travel expenses)
- Actively supporting the introduction of a new ERP system with a potential migration from Datev to the new ERP Accounting Information system
- Group financial planning, forecasting & analysis in collaboration with the CFO
- Preparing ad-hoc and special analyses for C-Level and Advisory board
- Servicing and auditing financials of our portfolio company's European subsidiaries
- Building treasury related processes such as cash-pooling, FX management
- Implementing and improving other challenging projects
Which traits contribute to your success?
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Financial Controller in a dynamic online company with international subsidiaries and good knowledge of accounting topics, specifically Revenue and COGS
- Experience in monthly and year-end financial statements and in automating processes in Finance
- Proven track record of successful management of projects across different business functions
- Expertise with MS Office, especially Excel, and ability to quickly adapt to new systems/tools
- Team spirit, commitment and sharing of own ideas
- Familiarity with working in a multicultural environment
- Affinity for eCommerce and dynamic online businesses is a plus
- Fluency in English and German
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Make a true impact in the E-commerce industry
- Well equipped and modern office in the heart of Hamburg
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Choose from a variety of drinks and healthy snacks available to keep you energized throughout the day
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups
Do you want to be part of our portfolio company's success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.