About the Job
A new member for our Venture Development team at Project A: a group of ambitious business generalists, who have two main responsibilities. First, they define and execute value-driving projects with our portfolio companies in areas such as internationalisation, commercial operations, interim management, change management… and really anything else that we see as a business priority for one of our ventures. Second, they team up with one of our partners to manage our private equity investments to success. This entails the preparation of board meetings and steering committees, stakeholder management with the C-level, identification of growth opportunities and challenges, and staffing our 130+ operational experts to those needs.
Motivation, creativity, and openness encapsulate our values and culture. That’s why we encourage you to bring yourself to work. Join a multinational team of bright individuals and be inspired to grow, innovate, and take responsibility from the get-go.
In this role, you’ll:
- Strategically define key-value drivers for our support in close collaboration with the C-level of our Private Equity co-investments throughout different industries such as MedTech, Renewable Energy or Ecommerce (e.g. Amann Girrbach, Nordwest Technologie Gruppe, Yoummday, etc.)
- Build-up and maintain close relationships with the C-Level and other stakeholders of our Private Equity Co-Investments and develop deep understanding of their current challenges and opportunities
- Ensure the successful collaboration of our portfolio companies and our operational teams through excellent project and stakeholder management
- Prepare and lead recurring Steering Committees for your portfolio companies together with our operational teams
- Deliver excellent hands-on operational support in our startups and Private Equity co-investments in e.g. Operations, Project Management, Strategy, or Business Development
- Plan, staff, and manage cross-functional projects
- Act as an operational sparring partner to our two Partners overseeing all Private Equity co-investments (Christoph Rösler, Ben Fischer)
- High ambition and drive to achieve excellent results
- Fluent in English and German (at least C1)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- 3-5 years work experience in a consultancy, Mittelstand, corporate innovation, or scale up environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Very good understanding of digital business models and digital transformation
- Pragmatic, structured with a bias for action
- Comfortable in a demanding environment
- True team player and culture driver
- Located in Germany with willingness to travel within Germany (or EU)
Please note that we are looking for support in our Berlin office. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well.
Benefits and Perks
- Remote-friendly – Work anywhere in Germany or take advantage of our beautiful and well-equipped office at the heart of Berlin
- Choose your tech – MacOS/Windows/Linux laptop and optional screen
- Career growth – Access to internal workshops, knowledge sharing meetups, PAV Academy professional training opportunities, industry conferences, and other personal development possibilities
- Subsidised products and services, including meal vouchers, German language classes, a bike leasing program, and discounts on services of our portfolio companies and various other brands
- Wellness – 24/7 access to counselling specialists, free subscription to workplace wellbeing platform Unmind, weekly online yoga classes
- Paid team and company events
- Social activities – Hang out with co-workers during and after-hours (Slack or IRL, you decide), grab lunch or coffee with randomly assigned teammates, and disconnect from everything to spend quality time in outdoor activities
- Visa application support and relocation package
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all – applicants and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. Our diverse team has different ethnic and cultural origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, family arrangements, religious and political affiliations, socioeconomic statuses, age groups, and abilities.
With 32 nationalities and over 25 spoken languages, we’re confident that you’ll feel right at home. We look forward to your application.