About the Job
We’re looking for a motivated Software Engineering Consultant (m/f/d) to join our Engineering team and support us in advising our portfolio companieson both technical topics and processes.
In your day-to-day work, you’ll focus on ensuring that we are providing expert guidance to our diverse portfolio on backend focused projects.
→ Our engineering teams feature a group of professionals passionate about modern web technologies. Members of our Tech team are experts in front-end, back-end, infrastructure, and all the moving parts that link them, helping our portfolio companies build scalable products and organizations.
Motivation, creativity, and openness encapsulate our values and culture. That’s why we encourage you to bring yourself to work. Join a multinational team of bright individuals and be inspired to grow, innovate, and take responsibility from the get-go.
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with companies in our portfolio to understand their technical challenges and provide tailored solutions
- Offer consultation on software engineering, ensuring the development of efficient, scalable, and robust systems
- Advise on software development processes, including architecture design, code reviews, testing methodologies, and deployment strategies
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and guide teams in implementing best practices
- Facilitate communication across different levels and granularity, adjusting the level of detail as needed
- Embrace diversity and maintain an unbiased approach, fostering a culture of inclusivity and respect
- Demonstrate a pleasant and approachable demeanor, building strong relationships with Portfolio companies and colleagues.
- Take ownership of projects, being proactive in finding solutions and delivering exceptional outcomes
- Create excitement, inspire others, challenge the status quo, and be an advocate for innovative thinking
- Hands-on experience in software engineering, with a focus on backend development prior experience working as a consultant or in a client-facing role is a plus
- Experience with multiple programming languages, frameworks, and technologies
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to analyze complex technical issues
- Ability to adapt quickly to different company environments, understand business objectives, and align technology solutions accordingly
- Curiosity and willingness to try out and learn new things, staying updated with industry trends
- Capability to prioritize work, make decisions, and guide decision-making processes as well as strong presentation skills
- Professionalism and a commitment to delivering high-quality outcomes.
- Proficiency in English & Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
Please note that we are looking for support in our Berlin office. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well.
Benefits and Perks
- Remote-friendly – Work anywhere in Germany or take advantage of our beautiful and well-equipped office at the heart of Berlin
- Choose your tech – MacOS/Windows/Linux laptop and optional screen
- Career growth – Access to internal workshops, knowledge sharing meetups, PAV Academy professional training opportunities, industry conferences, and other personal development possibilities
- Subsidised products and services, including meal vouchers, German language classes, a bike leasing program, and discounts on services of our portfolio companies and various other brands
- Wellness – 24/7 access to counselling specialists, free subscription to workplace wellbeing platform Unmind, weekly online yoga classes
- Paid team and company events
- Social activities – Hang out with co-workers during and after-hours (Slack or IRL, you decide), grab lunch or coffee with randomly assigned teammates, and disconnect from everything to spend quality time in outdoor activities
- Visa application support and relocation package
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all – applicants and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. Our diverse team has different ethnic and cultural origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, family arrangements, religious and political affiliations, socioeconomic statuses, age groups, and abilities.
With 32 nationalities and over 25 spoken languages, we’re confident that you’ll feel right at home. We look forward to your application.