About the Job
We’re looking for a motivated System Admin to join our System Administration team and support its System and Infrastructure strategies.
In your day-to-day work, you’ll focus on ensuring the maintenance of all infrastructures and devices and get the opportunity to contribute to various projects.
The System Administration team is responsible for the deployment, maintenance, security and reliable operation of Project A's IT systems and infrastructure.
Motivation, creativity, and openness encapsulate our values and culture. That’s why we encourage you to bring yourself to work. Join a multinational team of bright individuals and be inspired to grow, innovate, and take responsibility from the get-go.
In this role, you’ll:
- Find solutions for every problem that the people at Project A encounter
- Diagnose and correct errors in client operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux), servers (Linux, Windows), as well as in the network infrastructure (pfSense, Aruba, Cisco Aironet, UniFi)
- Manage all kinds of SaaS tools (Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, …)
- Maintain and expand the existing internal IT infrastructure
- Manage our device fleet remotely (Jamf, ManageEngine)
- Keep track of all the OS updates and new devices that get released and ensure that they work flawlessly
- Automate processes with scripting or the introduction of new tools
- Implement technical measures for compliance with IT security standards
- Motivation for and familiarity in working with different operating systems(preferably you know how to handle macOS and FreeBSD)
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash)
- Understanding of common network protocols and practical experience with device configuration
- A sense for good IT security practices
- Outstanding analytical and logical skills
- Successful completion of training in an IT profession or a similar field
- Fluent English and ideally a good command of German
Please note that we are looking for support in our Berlin office. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well.
Benefits and Perks
- Remote-friendly – Work anywhere in Germany or take advantage of our beautiful and well-equipped office at the heart of Berlin
- Choose your tech – MacOS/Windows/Linux laptop and optional screen
- Career growth – Access to internal workshops, knowledge sharing meetups, PAV Academy professional training opportunities, industry conferences, and other personal development possibilities
- Subsidised products and services, including meal vouchers, German language classes, a bike leasing program, and discounts on services of our portfolio companies and various other brands
- Wellness – 24/7 access to counselling specialists, free subscription to workplace wellbeing platform Unmind, weekly online yoga classes
- Paid team and company events
- Social activities – Hang out with co-workers during and after-hours (Slack or IRL, you decide), grab lunch or coffee with randomly assigned teammates, and disconnect from everything to spend quality time in outdoor activities
- Visa application support and relocation package
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all – applicants and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. Our diverse team has different ethnic and cultural origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, family arrangements, religious and political affiliations, socioeconomic statuses, age groups, and abilities.
With 32 nationalities and over 25 spoken languages, we’re confident that you’ll feel right at home. We look forward to your application.