We are looking for:
A new member for our System Administration team at Project A. Their team is ensuring that everyone in the company has technical equipment that works, that the network infrastructure in the office is working correctly and all internal and external services are available. In the background the System Administrators are maintaining all the infrastructure and devices and are working on internal IT projects. In addition the System Administrators are supporting events with streaming and audio/video equipment.
What will keep you challenged?
- Finding solutions for every problem that the people at Project A encounter
- Diagnosis and correction of errors in client operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux), servers (Linux, Windows), as well as in the network infrastructure (pfSense, Aruba, Cisco Aironet, UniFi)
- Managing all kinds of SaaS tools (Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, …)
- Maintenance and expansion of the existing internal IT infrastructure
- Managing our device fleet with remotely (Jamf, ManageEngine)
- Keeping track with all the OS updates and new devices that get released and ensuring that they work flawlessly
- Automation of processes with scripting or the introduction of new tools
- Implementing technical measures for the compliance with IT security standards
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Successful completion of training in an IT profession or a similar field
- Motivation and familiarity in working with different operating systems
- Problem-solving oriented attitude with the ability to think outside the box in tackling problems
- An independent and structured way of working, combined with a pronounced analytical understanding
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash)
- Understanding of common network protocols and practical experience with the device configuration
- A sense for good IT security practices
- Fluent English and ideally a good command of German
- Please note that we are looking for support in our Berlin office. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well.
Benefits and Perks:
- Remote-friendly – Work anywhere in Germany or take advantage of our beautiful and well-equipped office at the heart of Berlin.
- Choose your tech – Macbook/Windows/Linux laptop and optional screen.
- Career growth – Access to internal workshops, knowledge sharing meetups, PAV Academy professional training opportunities, industry conferences, and other personal development possibilities.
- Subsidized products and services, including meal vouchers, German language classes, a bike leasing program, and discounts on services of our portfolio companies and various other brands.
- Wellness – 24/7 access to counselling specialists, free subscription to workplace wellbeing platform Unmind, weekly online yoga classes.
- Paid team and company events.
- Social activities – Hang out with co-workers during and after-hours (Slack or IRL, you decide), grab lunch or coffee with randomly assigned teammates, and disconnect from everything to spend quality time in outdoor activities.
- Visa application support and relocation package.
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.
The most important ingredient for startups are exceptional founders.
We aim to be the best choice of partners for them
by being conviction and integrity driven investors
by providing access to operational excellence in product, growth, data and people.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all – applicants and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. Our diverse team has different ethnic and cultural origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, family arrangements, religious and political affiliations, socioeconomic statuses, age groups, and abilities.
With 32 nationalities and over 25 spoken languages, we’re confident that you’ll feel right at home. We look forward to your application.