Team Lead Backend – Node.js (m/f/d)
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies, which is a fast-growing and very well-funded B2B startup.
What will keep you challenged?
- Being in charge of building the backend systems that power the business’s applications, and continuously improves the backend practices
- Guiding a team of 4-5 backend developers and helping them solving technical questions
- Being in charge of the development of the company’s booking platform and creating a smooth user experience for customers and internal stakeholders
- Being responsible for the design and implementation of complex, scalable data processing
- Close collaboration with other tech teams, the product team and the data scientist to optimize infrastructure and develop excellent features
- Challenging others to deliver the best results possible and promoting a culture of transparency
- Linux and Docker
- RESTful API design
- Amazon Web Services
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Degree in Software Engineering (or a related field)
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in software development and 2 years of leading a team
- Enthusiasm for backend systems and their on-going development
- Knowledge in Computer Science (Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns, Scaling) and strong focus on Code Quality, Robustness, Automation, Testing and Monitoring
- Deep knowledge of Linux and Docker and experience in RESTful API design, system architecture as well as building microservice-based systems in Amazon Web Services
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Well equipped and modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Possibility for home office and flexible working hours to balance your work and private life
- Choose from a variety of drinks and healthy snacks available to keep you energized throughout the day
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups
Do you want to be part of our portfolio company's success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.
Project A is an operational venture capital firm that invests in early stage companies from a variety of industries such as digital health, robotics, and mobility amongst others. Our portfolio includes over 60 companies with different business models including B2C, B2B, SaaS, e-commerce and more. Within our company of over 100 professionals, over 15 teams offer their direct support to our portfolio companies with software engineering, marketing, sales, business intelligence and many other fields. In 2020 Project A was named Germany's best VC by Business Insider magazine.