About the job:
We're looking for an experienced Team Lead Supplier Manager (m/f/d) for one of our portfolio companies.
In your day-to-day work, you will be overseeing strategic business engagement to fortify the company's supply base while collaborating on cost-saving initiatives with stakeholders and suppliers. Leading supplier selection, ensuring quality, cost, and delivery targets are met, while establishing and implementing supplier management standards to mitigate risks and support functions effectively.
Become part of our portfolio company: A company awaits you that allows the end customers and metal processors come together via a lean, digital process. The company is now in the process of making the entire metal processing industry digital and future-proof.
- Implementing strategic business and industry engagement to build a reliable, resilient and effective supply base for the company
- Collaborating with both internal stakeholders and suppliers on cost reduction sourcing projects and strategic supply chain optimization initiatives
- Lead supplier selection process and manage supplier performance to ensure quality, cost, and delivery targets are met
- Establish and effectively implement supplier management standards, maintain regular and efficient communication with suppliers, identify potential risks and ensure timely support to all related functions
- You manage, negotiate, and improve the supply cost, quality, and availability from our suppliers assigned to your teams portfolio and set up effective KPIs
- Develop, implement and support all activities regarding the supplier network portfolio
- Responsible for collecting market intelligence reports regarding our partners and suppliers to evolve supplier relationships from purchase order-based to long term relationships with key suppliers
- Responsible for collecting feedback from the supply side to assess the needs of our suppliers, structure the information and push for the implementation of improvements.
- Completed bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, industrial engineering, or management
- A professional experience of 4+ years within procurement, supply chain management and/or supplier management preferably with experience in a B2B (platform) context
- Passion for manufacturing and gained knowledge about production
- First hand experience in functional leadership and ability to cultivate stakeholder relationships
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to lead and guide internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic thinking and ability to translate strategy into executable implementation plans
- Strong analytical skills for data interpretation and informed decision-making
- Proven ability to implement efficiency metrics, measure performance, and reduce costs
- Hands-on mentality and ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills to manage changes and flexibility in supplier relationships
- Successful track record in developing supplier partnerships
- Excellent in German and English.
Please note eligibility to work within the EU is required for this role.
Benefits and advantages
- Contribute to shaping an innovative B2B business model with vast growth opportunities, empowering you to make an impact from day one
- Flexible hours and the option for remote work, granting you the freedom to be productive from anywhere
- Share in the company's prosperity with company shares awarded upon joining
- Work alongside dynamic and helpful team who helps you grow in your career
- Access to monthly shopping vouchers
- Become part of an instant network within the Project A family.
Apply below and become a part of our success story!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Project A is committed to diverse and equal opportunities hiring for all – applicants, candidates, and employees alike. We value humans – with all our glorious multifaceted backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences – and look forward to your application.