Technical Writer — Developer Market (m/f/d)
We are looking for:
A new member of our Engineering Team at Project A, who is passionate about modern web technologies and enjoys learning new things. As part of your job, you would support our portfolio companies who are building products focused on the developer market. We are looking for support in Berlin, London or remotely.
What will keep you challenged?
- Working on a variety of projects for different startups in the tech space
- Advising startups who are starting from scratch and helping them bootstrap their technical documentation processes
- Helping startups choose the right documentation portal technologies and make sure their information architecture is easy for developers to navigate
- Assisting startups with authoring high-quality technical documentation and review documentation authored by their developers
- Collaborating with different engineering teams to learn their product and prioritize where to focus their documentation efforts
- Writing documentation for a range of APIs, SDKs, and SaaS platforms
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Flexibility and adaptability: the startup space is very unique so you’ll need to be comfortable with fast changing requirements and different ways of working
- Experience with docs as code: you know your way around Git and can help set up a continuous deployment process for documentation
- Familiarity with the principles of programming: ideally you can code yourself, or you at least understand how to read code in languages such as Java, Python and PHP
- The ability to create code snippets and dynamically include content so that code excerpts are always in sync with the production code base
- Experience with a variety of developer-friendly authoring formats such as markdown, ASCIIDoc, and reStructuredText
- A generally understanding of content reuse strategies and task-based writing
- You’re familiar with cloud services like AWS, Azure or GCP and popular technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker and Apache Kafka
- You can communicate complicated technical concepts to people from a variety of teams with different levels of technical proficiency
- You can provide a selection of writing samples that demonstrate your experience
- You’re a native English speaker or can write English at a native level
What to expect working with us:
- Make your ideas count and shape the development of our portfolio companies - at Project A you can really make a difference in the venture capital scene
- Have a steep learning curve, take responsibility from day one and profit from continuous learning and develop both personally and professionally
- Well equipped and modern office with rooftop terrace in the heart of Berlin
- Become part of a highly professional and motivated team and work in an open and harmonious working atmosphere
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Gain an instant network within our Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups... the next one maybe even organized by you!
- Take advantage of discount opportunities from our portfolio companies
NOTE: This is currently a part-time position between 20-30 hours
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.
Project A is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and encourages people of all ethnic & racial origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions & ideologies, socio-economic statuses, educational backgrounds, ages, and individuals of all abilities to apply.