VP Finance (m/f/d)
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies, which is a fast-growing and very well-funded B2B startup in the travel industry focused on helping small and medium-sized enterprises to easily book, manage, and expense their business travel with a mix of automated and human help.
What will keep you challenged?
- Being responsible for all figures at our portfolio company - both in accounting and controlling together with your team - and being the point of contact for banks, auditors, tax authorities and other third parties
- Taking responsibility for our portfolio company - wide liquidity planning, the business case, as well as annual forecasts and monthly reports (P&L, BS, cash flow calculation) for management and investors
- Controlling the automation of our portfolio company's processes and procedures from the selection of tools to the final implementation as well as the continuous further development of their financial system
- Leading applicable tax projects (especially in the area of sales tax)
- Thinking through and developing our portfolio company's long-term positioning in the financial sector across different countries
- Working directly with the management on financing rounds and other strategic issues
Which traits contribute to your success?
- University degree in economics with a focus on accounting/finance/controlling or you are a certified Accountant
- 7+ years of professional experience in a comparable position with proven track record of personnel management & development-ideally in one of the Big 4 companies or investment banking
- Experienced in ensuring the security of the financial statements according to HGB / IFRS
- Strong communication skills in German and English
- Please note that we are looking for support in the Berlin office of our portfolio company. Eligibility to work within the EU is required as well
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Make a true impact in the Travel Tech industry
- Well equipped and modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Transparent culture with flat hierarchies where every person is highly valued
- Thrive from an inspiring, creative, and diverse environment with amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world
- Having fun together as a company with regular team events
- Getting challenged and developing your professional skills by taking over responsibilities, and a guaranteed steep learning curve from day one
- Possibility for home office and flexible working hours to balance your work and private life
- Choose from a variety of drinks and healthy snacks available to keep you energized throughout the day
- Being part of an instant network within the Project A family with access to regular events, knowledge sharing, and meetups
Do you want to be part of our portfolio company's success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.