Location: Near Frankfurt am Main
Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €260m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organizational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of Software Engineering, Digital Marketing, Design, Communications, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Own and advance a DWH infrastructure based on open source technologies
- Identify, capture, and analyze data sources and mappings based on both functional and non-functional business requirements,Integrate data, from various systems into flexible and consistent representations. You will make sure that all people and IT systems in the organization have easy access to data through various front-ends and interfaces
- Building an infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources using (PL /, T) SQL and the MS Azure Data Factory
- Work in an agile software development process in close collaboration with the BI team and stakeholders
Which traits contribute to your success?
- A master's degree in computer science or a comparable qualification
- Genuine interest in data and algorithms and excitement about solving difficult problems
- Knowledge of the following basic tools of software engineering: programming in multiple languages, HTTP and current web technologies, the unix command line and basic server administration, version control systems, a basic understanding of the interplay between software and memory, hard discs and the CPU
- Profound knowledge about the inner workings of database systems
- Eagerness to delve into new technologies and programming languages
- Team player mentality and enjoys working in agile teams
- High customer orientation and distinct quality awareness
- Enjoy working in medium-sized companies who keep the start-up character
- "Hands-on" mentality, specialist with generalist attitude
- Good German and English skills (spoken and written)
- Mac or Linux, Python, bash scripts, Makefiles
- PostgreSQL for ETL (for more click here) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whwNi21jAm4)
- ETL orchestration with Mara (https://github.com/mara/data-integration)
- Data visualization with Tableau & custom Flask app
- Hosted on Azure, server management with Saltstack
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Working at a leading company in the travel industry
- A mid-sized characterized corporate culture with diverse development opportunities where you can actually make a difference
- Versatile and exciting tasks with a high level of creativity
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive social benefits such as additional health insurance, free company parking and attractive travel advantages
- An open and harmonious working atmosphere
Do you want to be part of the success story of our portfolio company?
We are looking forward to your online application with cover letter, salary expectations and your next possible entry date.