Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €260m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organizational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of Software Engineering, Digital Marketing, Design, Communications, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
“Nothing happens until someone sells something”. As a VC, we see it everyday: the smartest founding team with the best product idea in the world will fail if they can’t figure out how to scalably sell it. With an own department of specialists in the area of Sales & Customer Success, we’re determined to help our ventures sell by building and providing industry-leading expertise throughout their entire commercial funnel. The Sales Development Graduate Programme was created with the goal of accelerating the growth of our ventures while accumulating and distributing sales knowledge within Project A. Learning, applying and sharing is our formula for success and you will get to do this on a daily basis.
In a nutshell:
- The duration of the program is 18 months, broken down into 3-4 projects at different companies, with around 2/3rds of them with a sales focus and 1/3rd with a marketing focus
- After a comprehensive 4-week onboarding inside Project A, you will start your first of 3-4 projects of about 3-4 months each directly at our ventures, developing their sales
- You will have weekly meetings with your mentor and regular trainings inside Project A together with your fellow trainees and other colleagues
- Other learning opportunities will depend on your interests and could include for example a sponsored certification in a CRM system like Salesforce or a course on social selling
- The learning won’t stop after your traineeship: our goal is to keep working with you, either inside Project A, or within our portfolio, your further development is in your hands and we will do everything we can to help
What will keep you challenged?
- Using phone, mail or social channels to generate and hand over interested prospects to the sales team, gather customer insights, structure feedback and improve sales approach regularly
- Recognize inefficiencies in CRM systems, research lead sources, analyze data needs, negotiate with lead suppliers and organize data imports
- The learning opportunities throughout every commercial aspect of a startup, from business development to qualification sales, marketing, content, CRM and more
Which traits contribute to your success?
- A Bachelor’s, Master's degree in business (or related degree) or an MBA
- A high interest in learning about and executing sales in daily customer contact
- Previous work experience, with a big plus on sales experience and customer contact
- Being a talented communicator interested in taking their skillset to the next level
- A love for numbers, data, structure and analytics
- A start-up mentality, which means being enthusiastic, self-motivated and hands-on
- German and English at a negotiation level
What to expect working with us:
- An instant network within the Project A family - among it our 50 portfolio companies - to help you succeed throughout your entire career
- Becoming part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Having the unique opportunity to experience and to make an impact on recently founded companies
- Working independently, have all freedom you need and are thus able to personally grow and develop yourself on a constant basis
- Working at a modern and well-equipped office in the heart of Berlin
- Benefiting from a communicative, creative and stimulating environment
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.