Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network, and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €260m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organizational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of Software Engineering, Digital Marketing, Design, Communications, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Catawiki, WorldRemit, Tictail, Spryker, Uberall, KRY, and Wonderbly.
We are looking for:A new team member for one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Building, directing and mentoring of a team of UX Designers to create innovative experiences across all products
- Leading of a creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms and devices
- Delivering of an User Experience vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time
- The translation of concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces that lead to intuitive user experiences ranging from small feature iterations to larger, complex flows
- Building of strong relationships and operating rhythms with product management and engineering to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive and well-informed
- Facilitating of the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences
- Identifying of design problems and devising of elegant solutions
- Asking smart questions, taking risks and champion new ideas
Which traits contribute to your success?
- 5+ years of work experience as a UI/UX Designer or a similar role
- Profound experience in interaction design and visual design for web and mobile applications
- Experience in managing or leading design teams before
- Experience both with frontend consumer facing applications and designing user interactions for backend business users
- A Strong portfolio that showcases successful design efforts in a case study format: contains clear articulation of the business objectives, customer problems, design challenges and the path to a successful design that was measured by quantifiable results
- Proficient in using tools for pre-visualization, prototyping and spec creation (eg. Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite or similar)
- Experience with working with Agile software development process
- Solid knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills
What to expect working with us:
- Becoming part of a highly professional and motivated team
- Gaining the unique opportunity to experience and shape the development of a solid company by bringing in your own ideas
- Growing thanks to a high level of planning freedom
- Working at a modern, excellently equipped workplace in the heart of Berlin
- Benefiting from a communicative, creative and stimulating environment
We are looking forward to your online application.