Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €260m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organizational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of Software Engineering, Digital Marketing, Design, Communications, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Participate in the entire development process from planning and discussing the architecture to quality assurance and the implementation of highly scalable platforms
- Drive the design and development of new innovative features from the technical point of view
- Build scalable, low-latency pipelines and components to handle large volumes of data
- Act as an interface between product management, design, business and users
- Develop your own ideas for code and process improvements and work together with your team to reach the next level
- Ensure the quality of our applications/platforms through regular code reviews
- Share and expand your knowledge by exchanging information within our Portfolio company's IT team and within the network of developers about backend best-practices
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Depth knowledge and experience in Java and working with databases
- Passion for professional software development (algorithms, design patterns, clean code, agile processes, data structures)
- Independent and goal-oriented working style
- Very good knowledge of English, German language skills are a plus
Some technologies you will be working with:
- Java 8, Spring, Tomcat
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Microservices architecture
What to expect working with our portfolio company:
- Becoming part of a large family with flat hierarchies and high design freedom
- Experiencing regular company and team events
- Working in a modern, light-flooded office directly close to Treptower Park
- Utilizing various possibilities for professional and personal development
- Benefiting from company benefits, such as company pension schemes, as well as other employee offers, partner programs, and employee discounts
Do you want to be part of the success story of our portfolio company?
We are looking forward to your online application.