Junior Java Developer (m/f) – Berlin
Project A is a Berlin-based early-stage investor and operational VC in the digital technology space. With financial support and operational expertise, Project A helps startups to build up competences in key areas such as IT/Product, Performance Marketing, Business Intelligence and Organization Building, and thus contributes to their sustainable success. Project A has supported entrepreneurs in building companies such Catawiki, Contorion, Eyeota, Lostmy.name, Nu3, Spryker, Tictail, WorldRemit, and ZenMate. More about Project A Ventures on project-a.com and on our blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:A new team member for our A-team or one of your portfolio companies
- Support a professional architecture and implementation of scalable platforms in an agile and motivated team
- Development of new features
- Programming clean, testable code
- Analyse und fixing of bugs
- Sharing of knowledge and willingness to learn
- Personal and professional development through experts
- Working expertise in Java and data bases (ideally PostgreSQL)
- First experience with standard frameworks like Spring, Jakarta Commons etc. as well as cashes and you bring interest in modern web technologies, performance and APIs
- Passion for professional software engineering (paradigms like ‘inversion of control’, clean code, basic algorithms and data-structures, agile processes)
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- You will gain a lot of experience in an agile environment with established technologies: Java, Spring, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins.
- In addition, you are invited to join our dev talks and ITopen space.
- We provide everything that you need for a kickstart, including a powerful laptop (Mac or Lenovo) and you will get a salary that matches your expertise. Your team leader will define an individual career plan for your future.
Are you willing to be part of an expert team?