Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €260m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organizational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of Software Engineering, Digital Marketing, Design, Communications, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for our A-Team or one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Responsibility for professional development of scalable IT systems for and with our ventures
- Selection of appropriate technologies and architecture discussions within our team
- Programming of clean, testable code
- Quality assurance through testing and code reviews
- Sharing of knowledge and willingness to learn
- Working on different ventures' projects
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Experience as a PHP Developer and passion for coding
- Working experience with standard frameworks like Zend, Symfony, Laravel, etc. and databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Knowledge of professional software development ("inversion of control", clean code, software patterns, algorithms, agile processes, and data structures)
- Nice to have: E-commerce experience (with shop systems like Oxid, Magento, Hybris, etc.)
- Fluency in English (German is a plus)
Some technologies you will be working with:
- PHP 7, Symfony
- PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Redis, Elasticsearch
- Twig, Silex, Composer, Git
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
What to expect working with us:
- Becoming part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Having the unique opportunity to experience and to make an impact on recently founded companies
- Working independently, have all freedom you need and are thus able to personally grow and develop yourself on a constant basis
- Working at a modern and well-equipped office in the heart of Berlin
- Benefiting from a communicative, creative and stimulating environment
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.