Senior Java Developer (m/f) – Berlin
Project A is a Berlin-based early-stage investor and operational VC in the digital technology space. With financial support and operational expertise, Project A helps startups to build up competences in key areas such as IT/Product, Performance Marketing, Business Intelligence and Organization Building, and thus contributes to their sustainable success. Project A has supported entrepreneurs in building companies such Catawiki, Contorion, Eyeota, Lostmy.name, Nu3, Spryker, Tictail, WorldRemit, and ZenMate. More about Project A Ventures on project-a.com and on our blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:A new team member for our A-team or one of your portfolio companies
- Responsability for a professional architecture and implementation of scalable platforms in an agile and motivated team
- Selection of appropriate technologies and architecture discussions within our team
- Programming clean, testable code
- Quality assurance through testing and code reviews
- Sharing of knowledge within the Project A team and our ventures and willingness to learn
- Personal and professional development
- Mentoring for less skilled and/or experienced team members
- Expert knowledge and experience in Java and data bases (ideally PostgreSQL)
- Extensive experience with standard frameworks like Spring, Jakarta Commons etc. as well as cashes and you bring interest in modern web technologies, performance and APIs
- Passion for professional software engineering (paradigms like ‘inversion of control’, clean code, basic algorithms and data-structures, agile processes)
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
Our benefitsWhy are we different? - 5 reasons to work in the Project A ecosystem:
- We are open to new technologies and make use of them when appropriate.
- We are absolutely pragmatic. We work in an agile environment and have "architecture talks" on a regular basis. We do not believe in endless planning meetings.
- We know the benefits of TDD, BDD and clean code, and use them in our projects.
- We are not afraid of big architectural challenges.
- We have a strong, interdisciplinary collaboration between Development, Business Intelligence, Marketing, and Operations. We regularly exchange information in Dev Talks and our IT Open Space.
Are you willing to be part of an expert team?