Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €260m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organizational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of Software Engineering, Digital Marketing, Design, Communications, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Designing and building a robust, scalable and secure platform and like contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing clean, maintainable and efficient code and following the best practices (TDD, CI, PRs, code reviews & standards)
- Driving continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies
- Ongoing cooperation with other developers and product designers to brainstorm and test new ideas is natural to you
Which traits contribute to your success?
- At least 5 years experience in Ruby and object-oriented development
- Passionate Ruby code writer and have excellent knowledge of the Rails framework and the Ruby ecosystem
- Previously worked with both relational databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases/Key-Value stores (Redis, Riak, Cassandra, etc.)
- Know how to avoid analysis paralysis and how to build great software
- You know that being a great developer is about much more than writing code and you think about architecture, scalability, performance and design implications with every decision you make
- Prior experience with Elastic-search, Amazon Web Services, designing and developing Restful APIs or single page applications
- Comfortable with agile development (Scrum/Kanban) and automated testing
- A team player mentality and have passions or hobbies outside of work – you understand the need for balance
- Familiar with Node.js and Python is a plus
What to expect working with us:
- Becoming part of a highly professional and motivated team
- Having the unique opportunity to experience and shape the development of a recently founded company by bringing in your own ideas
- Flexible and family friendly working hours, taking Home office from time to time is also not a problem
- An attractive compensation packet
- Benefiting from a communicative, creative and stimulating environment
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.