Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €260m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organizational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of Software Engineering, Digital Marketing, Design, Communications, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for one of our portfolio companies.
What will keep you challenged?
- Installation and administration of linux servers (SuSE Linux Enterprise/debian)
- Implementation and management of virtual servers (KVM)
- Management of the centralized services such as DNS, DHCP and Samba
- Monitoring and performance analysis (Zabbix, New Relic) and troubleshooting
- 1st and 2nd level support for our employees
- Ticket qualification and processing with OTRS
- Automation and optimisation through scripting
- Development of smaller web applications
Which traits contribute to your success?
- A bachelors or masters degree in computer science, information systems or comparable
- Experience in handling Linux-OS-systems, MYSQL, PHP, BASH and working with HTML, CSS, JS
- Good understanding of the needs of users and of the assurance of the infrastructure
- Reliability, engagement, willingness to learn and ability to work independently
- Fluency in German and good written and verbal command of English
What to expect working with us:
- Encouragement to research and use cutting edge new technologies and software, if it solves a problem
- Modern, well-lit offices right at Treptower Park with many restaurants and snack bars in the immediate vicinity
- Corporate and team events with great colleagues on a regular basis
- Flat hierarchies and the custom of treating everyone equally from trainees to CEO
- Fresh fruit and beverages readily available
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.