Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €260m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organizational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of Software Engineering, Digital Marketing, Design, Communications, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for our A-Team.
What will your job look like?
As part of this position, you would be responsible for the execution of IT projects (3 project at the same time with different company profiles) at our portfolio companies with a close cooperation with our CTO - Stephan Schulze. By developing a best in class solution together with the teams from Project A and the portfolio company, you would maximize the value of the Project A operational support - by organising tech discussions across teams, challenging technical concepts from the engineering teams, leading a workshop with management to discuss their future infrastructure setup, really rare by getting your hands dirty and writing some code by your own, deciding on priorities and much more.
We are interested in a long term relationship with you. You would have the possibility to work with regularly changing companies of different sizes in different industries over a long period of time. The projects we are doing with our portfolio companies are between small and large, with one or two developers in a workstream or with multiple cross functional teams in multiple workstreams within a single project.
You would have the chance to grow, professional and personal, in a short amount of time, gain more and more responsibility over time and will still not become bored because of the variety of our portfolio.
What will keep you challenged?
- Overseeing, executing and being responsible for IT projects of different sizes with one or multiple teams
- Development of best in class IT solutions with our Ventures as Part of the Team
- Keeping the portfolio company as well as Project A employees' happiness at a good level
- Making sure that gained knowledge is distributed within Project A
Which traits contribute to your success?
- Broad technical knowledge in Software Architecture, Infrastructure/DevOps, Product Management, Frontend and Backend
- Good to very good knowledge at least in PHP and/or Java; additional languages are highly appreciated
- The ability of quickly being familiar with new topics/technologies
- Enjoying working in greenfield and brownfield projects in companies of different sizes (Startups and SME)
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, organised, intrinsic motivated and disciplined person
- Should be able to communicate with C-Level but also with developers in a tailored way
- Use leadership to motivate teams to very good performance and delivery of a project without losing culture
- The ability to absorb rather than to transfer stress
- Willing to learn from more experienced colleagues and open to feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Min. 5 years experience as developer of web applications
- Min 2 years experience as a team lead
What to expect working with us:
- Becoming part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Having the unique opportunity to experience and to make an impact on recently founded companies
- Working independently, have all freedom you need and are thus able to personally grow and develop yourself on a constant basis
- Working at a modern and well-equipped office in the heart of Berlin
- Benefiting from a communicative, creative and stimulating environment
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.