- Comprehensive Eyeota Index tracks data expenditure worldwide
Singapore/ Berlin, May 21, 2015: Eyeota, the global leader for local audience data with over 1 billion uniques from publishers across Asia Pacific, Australia, Europe and the Americas, has released its inaugural report, the Eyeota Index.
Trends in Germany
• In Q4, German market audience data expenditure increased by 52% compared to Q3. This was significant growth but lower than overall growth in Europe.
• The electronics & computers and FMCG sectors invested the most in data.
• The fastest growing sectors were finance and services & utilities.
• The finance sector placed a higher premium on data than other advertiser sectors.
• The most sought-after segment categories were interest (38%) and B2B (29%). Global Trends
• The automotive sector drove audience data spend worldwide, with advertisers investing primarily in intent data segments
• The finance and electronics & computers sectors ranked second in global data spend, with both sectors interested in B2B segments. This was in line with growing demand for B2B data worldwide
• The medical and services & utilities sectors showed growth in audience data expenditure across most regions
• Education advertisers ranked sixth in overall data spend worldwide
Utilizing the tremendous volume of transactional data we collect on a continual basis across the programmatic ecosystem, we have developed a proprietary index to identify advertising sectors that are leading the way in audience data usage and which segments are being used to target customers.
The Eyeota Index tracks thousands of campaigns executed by hundreds of agencies across 60 countries. Advertisers were categorized into relevant advertiser sectors, with actual brand names kept anonymous.
The Eyeota Growth and Eyeota Price Indices are beneficial to all parties. For advertisers, it provides a rare window into how competitors in their category are using data and which audience segments work well for specific advertiser sectors. Publishers gain further insights about the most sought-after data segments, and the types of advertisers purchasing them.
Kevin Tan, CEO at Eyeota, says: “Germany’s audience data expenditure increased by 52% in Q4 compared to Q3, which shows growing demand for audience data. The trends observed in Germany are in line with what we observe globally. For example, our Price Index shows that finance advertisers in Germany paid a premium to reach consumers and this was in line with the global trend of finance advertisers investing significantly to find relevant private banking clients with a high consumer lifetime value. Not only did services & utilities advertisers pay a premium to reach consumers, they were also the second biggest spenders on audience data in the region.
“Eyeota occupies a strategic position within the digital advertising ecosystem, having built integral relationships with all major global and regional ad buying platforms, DSPs, DMPs and ad networks. Our data delivers deep audience insight for both advertisers and publishers to help them understand their customers in a new way – as human beings. I hope the Eyeota Index will be a useful guide to help advertisers and publishers stay up-to-date with the latest trends in global data spend.”
View full Eyeota Index here.
Eyeota is the global leader for local audience data with over 1 billion unique profiles. Eyeota provides marketers with the data they need to reach the right online audiences and cut campaign waste whilst also enabling publishers to monetize their audiences more widely. In addition, our data delivers deep audience insight to both marketers and online publishers to help them understand their customers in a new way – as human beings. Eyeota supplies third party audience data to all major global and regional ad buying platforms, DSPs, DMPs and ad networks. The company was founded in 2010 and has offices in London, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Singapore and Sydney. For more information, please visit www.eyeota.com
PR & Communications Manager