Data Engineer / Data Scientist (m/f) – Berlin
Project A is a Berlin-based early-stage investor and operational VC in the digital technology space. With financial support and operational expertise, Project A helps startups to build up competences in key areas such as IT/Product, Performance Marketing, Business Intelligence and Organization Building, and thus contributes to their sustainable success. Project A supports entrepreneurs in building companies such as Catawiki, Contorion, Eyeota, Lostmy.name, Nu3, Spryker, Tictail, WorldRemit, and ZenMate.
We are looking for:A new team member for our A-Team.
- You will help our business intelligence team to build data driven applications for our ventures: data warehouses, recommendation engines and CRM systems (developed in-house, based on open-source technologies). See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVMvC9Ov6Vw for an overview of how we do this
- You will integrate data from various systems into flexible and consistent representations. You will make sure that all people and IT systems in the organisation have an easy access to the data through various front-ends and interfaces
- You will advance our software architecture and tool set to growing challenges and data amounts (performance, scaling, data quality)
- You will work in an agile software development process in close collaboration with a product management team
- You have at least a master's degree in computer science or a comparable qualification
- You have a genuine interest in data and algorithms and you are excited about solving difficult problems. You strive for efficient and robust solutions
- You master at least these basic tools of computer science: object oriented programming in multiple languages, HTTP and current web technologies, the unix command line and basic server administration, version control systems, a basic understanding of the interplay between software and memory, hard discs and the CPU
- You have profound knowledge about the inner workings of database systems.
- You are eager to delve into new technologies and programming languages (our current stack: Mac or Linux, PostgreSQL, Mondrian & MDX, Python, Java, Php, ElasticSearch)
- You have a basic understanding of mathematics and machine learning
- You will join a highly professional and motivated team
- You will have the unique opportunity to witness the launch of a newly established company and you can contribute your own ideas to its development
- You will benefit from the greatest possible creative freedom to develop your skills further
- You will enjoy a state-of-the-art, top-equipped workplace right in the center of Berlin
- You will benefit from a communicative, stimulating and inspiring environment